Laishram Priyankanta, Manipur's rising star

Imphal, July 29 : Manipur, which has over the years produced many talented persons, has added another feather to its cap through Laishram Priyankanta, a 15-year-old film director, who currently studies in class 9.

Priyankanta has already directed three short films. The amazing thing is that these movies were shot not a professional camera but a mobile phone.

He himself writes scripts, shoots and edits the film and adds the music. And all this is done without any help from any experts.

Laishram has not been trained under any director. It is his determination to follow his passion that prompted him to learn and excel at filmmaking.

His first film Lamuknarure was screened in 2009. The crew for the film was his friends and family members.

His work has gained recognition in Manipur and he has received certificates of appreciation from many organizations.

"When I was in class III, I watched the entire making of a film at my uncle''s house. It inspired me a lot and gave me the feeling to produce one of my own," said Priyakanta .
''I want to produce a film on what is happening in our society. I want to focus more on children. So I am writing a script on that," he added.

"Priyakanta is very talented. Even though he is very young the way he directed us was very professional. He knows how to direct and how to act. His work is really professional and amazing," said Tathoi, Priyakanta relative.

" I was so happy after his film was released. I was really excited to see it. I am really happy to see my son''s work," said Priyakanta''s father

Youth like Priyakanta are brand ambassadors for change that can take place in the Manipur and are a source of inspiration for many.

No comments:

Post a Comment